Noelle Performance Group FAQ.
- What makes Noelle Performance tunes better than everyone else’s?
- Our tunes are not a “canned tune” meaning one tuning file for each
engine application regardless of the vehicle’s operating
conditions. We literally in real-time customize each tune for each
client based on all of the data from their particular vehicle,
operating climate, and availability to proper octane fuel. No two
engines are exactly the same, there is always a variance, we
specifically tune for these variances.
- Noelle Performance delivers the biggest horse power / torque gains safely
without the need or cost to add any hard parts like Cold Air
Intakes, Charge Coolers, Turbochargers, or Exhaust Manifold parts
because we perfect each and every tune we do to work with all of
the stock components.
- We keep all of BMW’s mechanical protection protocols in place meaning we
don’t turn off or falsify any limiters in order for our power
increase to be delivered safely and reliably without damaging any
of the driveline components.
- We don't modify any of the emission control systems making clean responsible
power without negatively impacting our environment.
- Our Dealer network is made up of the best Independent shops in North America.
Every one of them utilizing the latest technology, factory tools,
with expert trained technicians who truly care about you and the
health of your vehicle.
- The product and vehicle support you get with your local Noelle Performance
Dealer will provide you with the Ultimate Ownership Experience.
Not only will your vehicle perform at its maximum, you’ll be
joining a community of like-minded performance enthusiasts that
take care of each other.
- Our performance tunes are like you becoming a world class athlete with
just a few hours of training!
doesn’t Noelle Performance offer tunes for BMWs made before
- Noelle Performance tunes were sold in North America under the Dinan
Engineering brand from 2008 to 2019.
- It was decided
to offer our tunes directly under the Noelle Performance name via
our own exclusive dealer network starting with BMW’s 2015 and
later F&G chassis designated vehicles to ensure 100% customer
doesn’t Noelle Performance offer different “stages”
of tunes or racing software?
- Our philosophy
is to offer one amazing program that maximizes performance based
upon your engine design, drive train configuration, chassis,
climate, and fuel quality for daily street use.
- We believe in
simplicity, offering one perfect tune engineered specifically with
all of the stock components keeps our customer satisfaction the
highest and eliminates unnecessary “up-selling”.
- There are
already companies that offer racing tunes that are for the track
and not for daily use on the street, we focus on street legal
doesn’t Noelle Performance recommend adding an upgraded air
charge cooler with programming?
- There is not a
significant increase in air intake temperature with our programming
for daily street driving.
- Our programming is specifically designed to work with all of the
original equipment heat exchangers without exceeding their cooling
capacity or sacrificing performance.
- Driving a vehicle on a race track is very different because typically the
engine is running at full capacity for extended periods of time.
Upgrading heat exchangers for track vehicles can be justified.
- Why does
Noelle Performance suggest “no other modifications required?”
- Modern BMW turbocharged engines make the largest power increases with our
- The improvement of adding aftermarket performance parts is minimal when
comparing dollar per power benefit after our programming has been
- If you choose to install aftermarket performance parts, please make sure
to inform your authorized programming facility so we can confirm it
will be compatible with our programming.
- Why doesn’t Noelle Performance offer programming for larger
- We did extensive testing with a wide array of turbocharger configurations
only to learn no significant additional power was made over the OEM
- The increased heat output was unmanageable and detrimental to the longevity of
the engine and related systems for daily street driving
- There could be negative impact on the vehicle’s emissions.
- Why does Noelle Performance require a specific service schedule to obtain
- Your BMW will perform better, last longer, and have less issues with more
frequent service intervals using Original Equipment BMW parts and
high-quality Liqui Moly oil.
- Our service schedule is based on our 2013 F10 M5 development car that produces
850hp / 760lb-ft torque for over 120k miles on this exact schedule
without issue or failure. Main engine bearings were checked at
110k miles and they were in amazing working condition.
- Each one of our authorized programming facilities are experts with not only
tuning your vehicle but also maintaining and repairing it. This
combination will keep you on the road performing at the maximum for
years to come.
- Please familiarize yourself with our limited warranty before purchasing
our performance programming.
happens if my car is re-programmed at a BMW Center after I have
Noelle Performance programming?
- Your vehicle will have the stock engine programming back in it.
- You will need to have the Noelle Performance programming re-installed.
- We do not charge you again for the Noelle Performance tune, however; you may
be charged for the re-installation labour. We recommend having the most current factory BMW updates / recalls done prior to
purchasing Noelle Performance programming to avoid this situation.
- Why doesn’t Noelle Performance publish dynamometer graphs showing
wheel power gains here in Canada and the USA?
- We already did it at MTO Engineering in Germany. Please check out on
website, click on DYNO button
to view the data sheets before and after programming and the video with the Godfather of BMW tuning, Karl-Otto Noelle.
- All of our performance gains are measured at the engine crank using our
climate-controlled engine dynamometer with exact conditions:
20-degrees Celsius, 300 ft above sea level, 75% humidity, 93 octane
- Chassis dynamometers are extremely inaccurate due to many factors like;
type of dynamometer, fuel, altitude, ambient temp, humidity,
airflow, vehicle mileage, vehicle service history, transmission
type, wheel size, etc. and etc.
- Most chassis dynamometers do not provide the needed airflow to accurately
simulate a vehicle being driven at speed on the road contributing
to inaccurate results.
- Without adequate airflow cooling, the chassis dynamometer test will only
confirm Noelle doesn’t remove BMW’s protection measures
that back down power when the vehicle becomes heat-soaked and will
not show the real gains made with proper airflow. See MTO
Engineering’s 200,000 cubic meters per hour of airflow and
exhaust grid under the rear of the vehicle.
- Why can other tuner brands show gains on a chassis dyno in Cananda
and in USA?
- On other BMW tunes we’ve researched, every one of them either removes
BMW’s protection protocols or sets the limiting values to a
level that no longer backs power down when a vehicle is running too
hot for optimum conditions.
- We saw this not only in Flash tunes but also manipulated with Piggy-back type
products as well pushing maximum power with inadequate airflow
regardless of the consequences.
- A few construction fans with the hood open cannot provide enough cooling
for a modern turbo-charged vehicle that is simulating going down
the road at over 100mph. This airflow doesn’t even come
close to what you would have with the vehicle moving down the road,
not a real apple vs apple comparison.
- You can conclude that anyone showing big power gains without proper airflow
has modified the protection measures. The laws of physics don’t
permit this to happen any other way.
- Can my
local BMW Center tell if my car is programmed with Noelle
- Yes, BMW can see in the latest generations if a vehicle has been tuned just by
checking for the stock program software digital signature or by
looking directly at specific component threshold data like peak
turbo boost pressure.
- BMW doesn’t know specifically that it is our tune, just that the car has been
- The days of BMW not knowing if a car has been modified are gone. Modern BMWs
monitor and collect incredible amounts of vehicle data that paint a
clear picture of each vehicle’s operating history and health.
- How does
the Noelle Performance tuning process work?
- Once you’ve
scheduled your day with our authorized programming facility, be
prepared to leave your vehicle with them for most of the day. The
entire process takes several hours to be completed properly.
- First thing is to test drive the vehicle to confirm no existing issues, check for
fault codes, perform the oil service, and install Crank Bolt
Capture if engine is the S55.
- After the programming done and adaptations are reset, the vehicle is driven
again to confirm all systems are working together seamlessly.
- You’re back on the road with a BMW that now performs to its true maximum.
- Why is
Noelle Performance more expensive than other tunes?
- We’re not when you factor in what you actually get for your money.
- Other companies tune just the engine, we tune all of the drive train
systems with custom programming for each vehicle and each adaption
- Our tunes perform perfectly, reliably, and responsibly better than all
- If you compare dollar per power, seamless power delivery, and our network of
professionals, no one comes close to offering the same level of value.
- Noelle Performance has always been more focused on offering quality vs
Noelle Performance website.
BMW repair blog for more.
See more of Techmax Auto on Facebook.
View photos from
Techmax Auto Repair Inc. on Instagram.